View Single Post
Old 29-04-2024, 02:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elements
I thought I would watch some nature animals while eating my dinner, and I almost cried because the lions attacked an animal, and I couldn't watch it suffer, I had to turn it off. It seems I have connected to nature on a level I am feeling its pain.
This winter I glanced out the window and saw a sparrow scratching and pecking at the snow for food. I burst out sobbing and wept uncontrollably for ten minutes.

The Catholic religion recognizes this phenomenon as the Gift of Tears. The spiritual explanation has to do with the opening of our higher faculties and chakras as we continue to evolve as souls.

There will come a time in human soul evolution where an individual will not be able to pass by someone who is suffering and in pain without stopping to assist.

Why do we weep for the beings of nature? Because they are trapped in a lower state of consciousness, and we feel their agony. And it truly is a kind of agony. Imagine what it must be like to be a sentient being, aware of your existence and needs, yet unable to create and direct the circumstances of your life so as to progress and move forward.

Toddlers feel this helpless agony, that's why they scream. School children who are bullied feel this. Women mostly but men as well who are trapped in abusive relationships feel this. Individuals with restricted abilities and disabilities can feel this. Every soul in one way or another feels this for we are, after all, souls trapped in physical bodies. And just being alive can be agony and torture.

As for the beings of nature, what makes it even more painful to contemplate is that they do not possess the consciousness of hope. Human beings, no matter what the circumstances, have the ability to dream of redemption and resurrection. We can imagine a brighter future, because we know spring follows winter, and soon there will be sunshine and warmth and food in abundance.