View Single Post
Old 28-04-2024, 03:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
The Hebrew word translated 'gods' in Psalm 82:6 is elohim, and the Hebrew word elohim is also translated “judges” in Exodus 21:6 and 22:8, 9, and 28.
The “gods” of Psalm 82 are human magistrates, judges, and rulers who have been granted authority on earth but earthly judges must act with impartiality and true justice because earthly judges must one day stand before the Judge, (elohim).
Elohim is the God of justice...

In Genesis Chapter 1, God [Elohim] is mentioned in each verse. This is the first creation account. In this case, God [Elohim] is considered in this creation account to be a 'Creator' or at least the 'one' that brought about creation.

Exodus 6:2-3 says "God [Elohim]also said to Moses, “I am the Lord [Yahweh]. I appeared to Abraham, to Isaac and to Jacob as God [Elohim] Almighty, but by my name the Lord [Yahweh] I did not make myself fully known to them."

This implies to me that God [Elohim] includes Yahweh.

In Exodus 3:14 it reads "God [Elohim] said to Moses, “I AM who I AM." This verse implies to me that God [God] probably includes everything, even you and me. To me, this resonates nicely with Animism which some say is the basis of virtually all religions if not all of them (Spirit is in everything).

Being that it appears God and other words expressing Elohim and LORD [Yahweh] are the two most common words used in the Bible, it amazes me that they are commonly found in the Hebrew Bible which ironically seem to have been used as the core in each translation of the Old Testament in the respective Bibles.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Last edited by BigJohn : 28-04-2024 at 07:44 PM.