View Single Post
Old 17-04-2024, 11:52 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I will be supporting my niece playing in Sydney's Premier Soccer League this year, without being a part of her space, but I think she'll still appreciate me being interested enough to catch a game without getting up in the mix.

It’s pretty rare you find people living alone in isolation, but I’m sure there are a few like that. Happily living off grid, fishing, hunting, often with an animal companion, no other humans around. Generally most people have somebody, even if limited. I’m around humans all day long in my job so I’m happy doing my own thing, away from people in between. I think as humans, if we feel connected within and have a strong connection to our own creativity, this can keep us content and immersed our own way.

I think most people will engage with others, if they feel safe and connected to be themselves. Some people are ignored and misunderstood, often I’ve found people won’t try hard with the quiet ones or the ones who might feel they don’t fit in. Working with a variety of children in the spectrum, taught me that sometimes you have to enter another’s world and see through their eyes, to truly build connection and relatability. For the children I worked with, I had to be the one to do that. Enter their world, see through their eyes. This is something we often disregard as humans. If it doesn’t fit our reality, we tend to ignore it. If we don’t understand another’s reality, or if it’s too foreign to our own, we ignore it.

Times have changed a lot with regards to understanding differences and challenges, but I still feel we have a long way to go with regards to other streams if humans abd their struggles and challenges.