View Single Post
Old 14-04-2024, 06:29 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
I also agree with Gem that fear of sorrow is not wholesome. Like I mentioned, I lost my dog but it would never cross my mind to say oh I should never have bonded in the first place...

I think part of it is how the words are spinned in the mind of individuals.

Like deciding to never own another pet can be called a "fear of sorrow" if one wants to spin it that way. It can also be called the wisdom of understanding what "owning" another being entails. Owning an animal. It could also come from a deep understanding of what the experience is about and entails and the possible downfalls.

Like one could say, "I will never marry a drug addict, or an alcoholic again." Then one could spin that and say that is a fear of sorrow. There is no doubt owning a domesticated animal and having it love you brings pleasure. Then it getting sick, or hit by a car, or running away etc brings suffering of various degrees. But that's normal human life. Living with pleasure and pain. One could also give up both the pleasure and pain and remain at peace which is also a type of pleasure.

I had a friend bring bed bugs into my house once after she rode a city bus. Both my indoor cats got attacked and were being "farmed" by a type of bed bug that has adapted to domesticated animals. The beg bugs ride on them and bite them and they suffer a lot. The bugs also breed like crazy and infect everything. Hide everywhere in the dwelling. Tiny things. The bites on humans are also horrendous. Took the cats to two vets and they said there was nothing they could do as not only were the bugs all over my place in places unreachable, some had hid deep down in the cats ears. I suppose one could put the cats to sleep and try to put pesticides all over them and deep into their ears and move and throw away all your furniture etc. Yea will never own another pet. Not in this world. Too much stuff exists to make them suffer. Animals in the wild have natural ways to deal with such things. Pets living in a human house is a human invention.

I have had pets all my life though. Now I would not want to clean up after an animal every day for 15 years or so. Human babies get potty trained a lot faster than that. Dogs, cats.... yea you will be picking that up everyday. For the pleasure of love and companionship I suppose. I have a couple of house plants I take care of now lol. They clean my air in return.