View Single Post
Old 10-04-2024, 06:45 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panorama361
Hey all. I just had a little hypothetical question pop up in my head. So I (involuntarily) found myself thinking of a scenario in which someone who doesn't like a particular person, even if it's for very little or no reason, calls on a deity that they work with to curse them. Could the deity just proceed to curse the unsuspecting individual? Is there any way one could protect themselves from such a scenario? If I pray to God, could he help protect me from such a scenario? Or would I have to do the step-by-step curse reversal as part of the process
To answer your question, there are multiple answers, because it depends on where you live. Because in the Western countries, the Catholics use Exorcists to expel malevolent spirits. Whereas in Asia, such as Japan and Cambodia, they use Shamans.
In the religion of Shintoism, though, there is friction between State Shinto and Shamanistic Shinto, because the State version considers themselves as the Official one, so they frown on Shamans who work on their own. Usually, those Shamans are those who reside in remote rural villages that are isolated away from the activities of the official State Shinto.