Thread: Merging energy
View Single Post
Old 26-03-2024, 02:29 AM
Master
@ Sara, in my view, you probably engaged in a practice advocated by a group called global dyad meditation. I recall there was a SF member here, using the handle Legrand, who did a fair amount of energy work this way. Perhaps he has left now for personal reasons.

I did get mailers from this organisation too but was not drawn to it simply because a) I don’t do any formatted practice and b) it seemed an uncontrolled environment somehow involving energy exchange with unknown people.

Within our body, we have male and female polarities already. The kundalini is what but the divine feminine rising to crown, joining the male aspect, balancing energies and then ‘hatching’ out of cosmic egg (Hiranyagarbha) to descend to heart, where divine union results in bliss activation in permanence. As such, in my view, all is within.

It is beautiful that the joint partner type meditation has worked for you. Perhaps sitting with someone else acted as a catalyst? Both partners need to be trusting of what unfolds. Intent too matters, which actually we cannot control. Our mind is fickle, so is the other person’s. That’s why I said that the atmosphere is uncontrolled.

This reminds me of a small part of Tantra, a very small part, that has to do with the actual sexual act in relation to kundalini. It is an extreme practice done by advanced Aghoris, hence not for everyone, dangerous even. One of the 112 meditations in the Vijnana Bhairava Tantra addresses this, let me see if I can dig it up for you, in as my interpretation of the text, hence take it with a pinch of salt ~

Vijnana Bhairava Tantra Practice-45/112

This practice involving copulation seems taboo
Whilst all it asks of us to unendingly renew
Cessation of action just at the point of fructification
Purity of intent choosing instead kundalini ascension

Or if the act ends in orgasmic climax of union
Breath should be retained within in celebration

No exhalation

For the puritans the practice asks for cessation
Between the urge to act and it’s actual culmination
In an aspect meditative
Intuitive
The pause between cognition and association ...
The gap between memory recollection & anticipation ...

Disclaimer:

Such is the practice in the scriptures so written
If it does not resonate we needn’t do as bidden
Why on this meditation alone dwell
When we can choose from one hundred & twelve

And yet if we would know the truth stark
We should walk without fear in the dark

Edit: In fact, in the Hinduism section, I’ve listed all the 112 practices, if it of interest to anyone ~ https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/s...d.php?t=141825