View Single Post
Old 20-03-2024, 04:43 PM
Knower

My understanding is that we plan our lives before coming into them, and that includes how we die. I'm not sure there is such a thing as an unexpected death.

However, suppose that's not the case, and we do indeed move to a parallel life. I'm assuming you mean a 34 year old man, for example, would continue to exist as a 34 year old man, and not be reborn again. How could that be possible without the 'just died' person knowing it? Or would they continue to exist in another physical body behind a veil of amnesia? By that I mean they instantly lose all memories of what went before. But wouldn't that 'new' 34 year old man have a lifetime of memories since birth of their own? How could you, for example, assimilate into that? You'd have to lose all memories of this life. But that then opens the question: for what purpose would you slide into a parallel life? You may as well just slip into the afterlife and continue with the life review, etc.

It's too complex to fathom and raises lots of questions. I think at death we simply move quickly to the life review, have our rest, do our work in the upper realms, and plan our next move, whether that be reincarnating as a physical entity or perhaps trying something else.