View Single Post
Old 28-02-2024, 06:08 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRose
It's fascinating how channeling works, but at the same time I'm kinda scared of it..
I've heard too many stories about possession and other scary stuff that can happen
when you open yourself up to spirits..
I had avoided channeling for a long time because I had my doubts about who/what might decide to come through. And that was before the last four years, when I finally accepted that posession is a real thing. It's a legitimate concern.

But I'd had just enough contact with my guide, over a long enough span of time, to get familiar with his energy and know that this was who I was channeling. We didn't speak, but sometimes I'd feel a "nudge" to pay attention to certain odd events, or read a certain book, and if I followed it I'd get guidance. On very rare occasions, I'd hear a single word, or a very short phrase (no more than five or six words), and these would turn out to be important. I also kept getting a clear mental picture of him. So I was aware of him. But his guidance had to make its way through a lot of resistance, which was basically due to me not really believing I could establish a clear channel, and being a bit worried about the safety of doing so, which meant he had to get through to me via symbols, which I then had to decipher.

When we're having one of our conversations, he doesn't take over my body, and I don't surrender my consciousness; I'm completely aware of myself and my surroundings. I can stop at any time, and if I tell him I want to stop, he won't pester me.

Similarly, he will sometimes stop transmitting if he thinks it's going nowhere, or if I'm using our conversation to avoid doing something I need to do. Yesterday, it was contacting a real estate agent about looking at a house; I was nervous about it, and had gone a couple of days without doing it, even though the house is perfect. He told me straight-out, "Go make that call, and don't come back until it's done," then ended the session (and I can feel it when he "hangs up" like that). And if I were to try to get him to "pick up" again, he won't do it—I get silence, in the form of no energy.

What it feels like is opening up to receive a transmission of energy that flows right alongside, and is completely distinct from, mine, and I interpret that energy into words, while also keeping up my own conversational flow. In a way, I become like a radio that is receiving and broadcasting two completely different stations at the same time, both with crystal clarity, and each mutually comprehensible. It isn't anything like what I'd imagined channeling would be.