Thread: Blocked ears
View Single Post
Old 19-02-2024, 02:25 PM
Master
Seriously, heroine easier to come off of than nicotine??? Wowza...

I too have very strong beliefs that there are pros to smoking.
For instance, when I quit at 30-ish I suddenly got one sinus infection after the other. It was an ongoing, non-stop phase of feeling ill, brain fog, antibiotics.
I think it settled after about a year, and I stayed off the smokes for 3 yrs.
Then ended up in hospital and boredom got me back to smoking. Have been smoking since, now 57.

I addressed it with my GP, that smoking not only kills good stuff maybe, but also the bad stuff (cold viruses and whatnot).
He agreed! (he was a classic homeopath and GP so both worlds combined. Best GP I've ever had!)

Also when the pandemic hit I felt I better not quit smoking just yet.
I was considering it at the time, but I had a very strong intuitive feeling that if I kept smoking I'd be fine.
And I have been fine. I didn't want Big Pharma poison in my body, so I'm still natural and never regretted that decision. Only heard tons of stories of people that got serious illnesses and ailments because of it.
But back to smoking...
I'm still convinced to date that smoking got me through the pandemic unscathed. No doctor would ever be able to convince me of the opposite. I'm seriously almost 100% certain.

Also, people always ask me how I keep looking so young. And I can honestly say that I have way less wrinkles and better skin than many people a decade (or more) younger!!
I always reply, "Drink lots and lots of coffee and smoke like a chimney!" Works for me, hahaha.

That's not to say that smoking is healthy of course, hihi.
I did get fed up with being short of breath, my lungs aching, coughing, smelling of nicotine, my house too, etc. etc. which is why I decided I wanted to quit.
I'm 57 now, I want to make it into old age while feeling & being healthy.
My body is quite acidified, I've known this from years from alternative therapists. Smoking doesn't help that.

And you know, I actually enjoyed not stinking of smoke anymore, hihi. And my house smelling fresh and clean! I loved that.
When I walk into my mum's home it's like hitting a nicotine wall. Awful!
It helped me decide I don't want my house to smell that way any longer.
Nor do I want to wake up in the morning and have this smoker's mouth.
I did smoke a lot, mind you. 30 a day at least!
Costing me a fortune as well.

Yet, it remains difficult...
Fingers crossed I will succeed!