View Single Post
Old 13-02-2024, 03:17 AM
Newbie ;)

How Detailed Are You When Reading For Others?

Hello, lovely card readers. I've been reading for myself, close friends, and family for many years now, but I want to further my skill and begin offering free readings to acquaintances and strangers. I'm confident in my methods and know my decks well, but there's something I'm curious about when it comes to telling the actual fortunes...

When you read for others, do you say specifically what each card means, weaving the fortune as you go along, piece by piece? Or do you look at the cards, read them silently to yourself, then simply tell the client the full picture?

I hope that makes sense. So far, I've mostly done the former, saying such things as, "This card usually speaks of these matters, and surrounded by these cards, this seems to be what it's trying to say here." I'm wondering if it might be easier to instead say things like, "This seems to be what the situation is, and the cards say to act upon it in this way."

I'm sure I'll figure out my own way of giving the fortunes as I get more practice, but I was curious about how others here like to tell theirs.

Cheers, darlings ♡