View Single Post
Old 28-01-2024, 09:26 AM
Master

I really do not care for the human drama and I love living in inner peace, a couple of the reasons why I do meditation. As soon as I awaken from sleep I sit and do quiet meditation. If I miss meditating for five or six days the chatter in my head threatens to return in a big way. I meditate to keep that chatter down to a whisper, or non-existent.

So I am trying to explain what motivates me to meditate. I guess most of all; I have had incredibly beautiful and awestruck experiences in meditation. I do not do mantra meditation, but I am doing sound meditation, light meditation, and breath technique. But in my opinion techniques are irrelevant once you nurture and build a quiet fullness within yourself.

Then the only technique you need to do is nurture that with your attention. There is a saying that “God does my meditation for me.” It is a river and you just jump in. I really do not try to control it. In my practice no insights or depth of experience occurs without humility and spiritual surrender. Don’t let your head rob you of the incredible experience that is within our hearts.