View Single Post
Old 22-12-2023, 01:02 PM
Guide
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
...i don't know much about how to describe things with physics but I do have ideas about the fourth dimension.

I think, there are actually 4 spacial dimensions. But We live in 3 right now. The fourth dimension having been deliberately constrained with the 'rules' you see us following....
Many thanks for your interesting and thought provoking reply.

I can't quite grasp what 4D must look like (time being the 4th dimension) but am fully on board that this could well be an explanation. This unchanging 4D is eternalism/block time - all points in time being equally real...as opposed to presentism, which is linear and where only the present is real.

I've tried to imagine how the past, present and future could all co-exist. Could it be that, when someone experiences being transported back to a past time (HOW is still a key question!) that it is like being emerged into that certain point; the environment and people all exist currently whilst having the experience. What fascinates me is that, although we know the place and people no longer exist (in our reality/dimensions) they can be accessed as still living! Quite a lot to try and understand, huh!?