View Single Post
Old 21-12-2023, 04:17 PM
Master

ok my favorite topic... so...

i don't know much about how to describe things with physics but I do have ideas about the fourth dimension.

I think, there are actually 4 spacial dimensions. But We live in 3 right now. The fourth dimension having been deliberately constrained with the 'rules' you see us following.

To describe it in 3D I think it would be like being swept down a river in a narrow gorge at increasingly higher speeds (as we age). And it would be difficult to be anywhere on the river other than where one actually is?

So you can't clearly see the terrain off to the sides although there is sometimes an opening where you get a glimpse of other close-by areas, but you get swept past it pretty quickly.

Of course there would be other gorges people could be running down elsewhere... so a map in 4D also is an alternate way of explaining the multiverse theory... parallel universes and such...

It is clear that some meditations are meant to 'slow' the progression through the gorge and thus experience it more thoroughly. There were stories of eastern masters being able to grab arrows out of the air at the extreme end of that. I've also heard stories about people who have been able to stop the progression entirely and walk around in a given instant, which I suppose is one of the ways you could do 'miracles' if you knew how to do it, you could stop time then put a coin in someones hand and restart time and wala! You've got something others will buy as being a miracle if you go to sell that story!

I suppose you could also paddle downstream and go through the gorge faster? That might be a nice way to explain the possibility of superheros like the 'flash'.

I've heard some others go through the gorge backward, e.g. upstream. It is somewhat harder to do that as you go against the current. And it would get lonely I suppose...

then you've got various jumping around in time stories; the original way to do that was with one of the magic mushrooms in south americe I understand, but now we've got TV shows using physical devices to do such.

But for example that might be very similar to the phenomena known as teleportation, only in 4D rather than 3D. I've heard stories out of the east I think even on these boards where 'masters' teleported in and out of places at will so I'm clear that it might be a real thing.

Of course I figure all of that would be doable with study through math and physics if people could figure out how.... making many 'science fiction' tv shows more 'real' than one would suppose from watching them.

My own thought though is it would be nice to be able to sidestep all the other people and all the machinery and all the gathering of magic mushrooms and just learn some way of intimately relating to the 4D other than the one I've got... Well if you can slow time as people do all the time while meditating, or even stop it you should be able to relate in other ways it you wanted to learn how? There are stories about that too though lol...