View Single Post
Old 25-11-2023, 11:22 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
I struggle with order in my life, it's natural for me to go off track. How did you manage to turn it around?
I don't know how I did it, but I knew the intoxicated life was headed for disaster. When I stopped I thought everything would start getting better, but instead, everything got worse. Intoxication is usually a coping method and when you stop you don't know how to cope and things start falling apart, so it's very easy to go back to how things were, and very hard not to, but deep down I didn't want to go back and 'no' beat 'yes', but only just. It could have gone either way. It's just like I flipped a coin and had good luck.

Not only that, but unlike most old addicts, I can drink if I want to or have a few tokes at a party, and sometimes I do. I even got on the speed once, but the part of me that wants more isn't even there anymore, so maybe two is good - and I don't want another. I wouldn't say that's a good idea for most old addicts. Most would have one and be lost because it's usually either on or off, since the want-for-more is never overcome. It was for me, and obsessive craving is completely gone.

Sober is better. That's for sure.