View Single Post
Old 23-11-2023, 10:34 PM
Knower

Mediumship and alcohol use

Hello all,

Over the last 18 months I've been aware of some psychic sensitivity, especially regarding spirit communication. I've been attending an open circle for a few months.

However, it doesn't really feel as if it's progressing at all, and I still feel very much at the starting block despite 18 months having passed. If anything, it feels as if it's reversing. My pre-cog dreams all seem to have stopped too, as well as my hypnogogic voices/aura energy connections etc.

I use alcohol. I drink on probably 5 evenings within any 7. On those five evenings, 2 will be moderate, 2 will be something best described as a little more than I should, but 1 evening a week usually ends up with a binge (a few beers and a whole bottle of Baileys type of thing). Or I'll end up in bars on Saturday night getting home around 5am.

I've recognised it as a problem for some time, and it's the only thing in my whole life I've never been able to beat. I flat out fail at trying to stop drinking alcohol. It's too stimulating in a way I crave. Ideally, though, I'd love to stop now.

Here's the thing. I keep feeling plagued with thoughts that alcohol is a certain block to mediumship. That if I entirely stopped drinking, my mediumship would begin progressing well. I often feel that these thoughts aren't my own, and are spirit communications, or intuition from my higher self.

Am I correct? Does alcohol use block communication with the spirit world? Has anybody here ever had a similar dilemma that they overcame? Did your psychic sensitivity improve when you stopped consuming alcohol?