View Single Post
Old 04-11-2023, 09:24 AM
Master
I think the main thrust is like that saying, Let go and let God. People love that because is fuzzy and wise and you don't really have to think about it. My brain is very complex so I have no use for fuzzy and wise. I like it just as much as the next bloke, but it always sounds a bit silly to me.

Once you realise 'let God' implies you don't get to control it, that it's in God's hands, that becomes very disarming because it's a matter of trust.

Since it's a spiritual thing, a natural thing which you don't 'make happen' but rather watch happen, there has to be some faith that leaving it to nature is for the best. Like they say, 'The fates guide those who go willingly', but if fate takes you to 'the pain of the cross' so to speak, going willingly is harder that it first sounds.

Willingness lets the path unfold in the way you see it unfolding, but it's not passive. It's trusting that nature works for your overall benefit and leads into awareness of one's enlightened quality.

It's taoistic, but the way to control everything is to not control anything. Being willing is self control, whereas being willful is being out of control, and right now when one stops to be aware of 'this experience', as it is, merely by noticing what it's like, everything is as 'God intends'.

(I don't believe in God, BTW, but it's a handy figure of speech)

Last edited by Gem : 04-11-2023 at 01:40 PM.