View Single Post
Old 31-10-2023, 10:36 AM
Master
I suppose it's obsessive to do my second post on the same day.

You open the meditation thread and think it's something you do. Usually it is an activity because the teacher says do this or that, breathe deeply, repeat a mantra, imagine prana etc. I've been all over the internet and every place you go, that's what you get. From this standpoint, based on that assumption, we get the usual sayings like, 'whatever works for you','different things work for better people', 'the master gave different meditations based on the individual seeker' and so on.

I've come across all that in the past, but I'm of the view that nature works in the same way for everyone. For example, there is a particular way people generate their own suffering. Everyone does that the same way. Or, we might say there's kamma and that's true for everyone.

What I mean is it has nothing to do with anything you do and everything to do with nature's way..

From the outset the whole argument is flawed because it's about something you do. It doesn't make sense because this is about about not doing the things you've been doing all this time, like avoiding, resisting, craving, clinging and pursuing; and instead; just stopping to look.

Don't do anything. Just be aware of what's happening and see what happens next.

'Just observe'. See how nature does it.

From that standpoint, it makes no sense to say there's different paths for different people. That can and does make sense regarding the things people do, but it makes no sense when you stop, remain aware, and leave it all to nature.