View Single Post
Old 13-09-2023, 02:06 AM
Master

lol wishing can work as it is another part of reality, but personally i wouldn't touch it because everyone who seems to be doing that also seems lost in what they can get by wishing... I've got enough problems without getting myself lost in that forest...

in practical terms the taoists cultivated 'chi'. Turns out that while you are doing that you have a chance to learn all sorts of stuff about the inner world (again by being open), and if you pay attention and don't get too demanding about what you want to get out of it you can learn ways to relate to life that are much more 'effective' for lack of a better word....

as far though as anyone telling you exact steps to take, it isn't set up like that.

It is more set up so that if you are open to new ideas, you eventually get exposed to ideas that help you learn to relate to life more on your own terms. Instead of completely relying on the support of others to 'allow' you to be who you are the way people instinctively do.

Which neither means you have to be 'fiercely independent' and not rely on others for anything whatsoever. Things get very tricky when you start thinking too much...

It doesn't mean either that everything goes some way you think it should, just that you give yourself more freedom to choose how to relate to however you think things happen to be going (including the freedom to make choices in terms of what you think might be happening if you really get into it lol)... and that freedom of choice is where any actual 'magic' is.

So in my mind 'altering tao' isn't as much a matter of trying to get to some desirable outcome. Although again that doesn't mean one isn't allowed to have some destination in mind either.

Simply by relating to life in a more meaningful fashion (to you) than trying to chase the common goals that different humans are taught to have using the techniques that different humans are taught to use, tao changes. And then you have something else to relate to...