View Single Post
Old 16-08-2023, 04:28 AM
Master
I’m not aware of the scriptures but wish to ask on a general basis, based on the OP ~

Belief is a concept, truth is a definitive knowing. How is it definitive? It becomes a permanent embodiment of our being. For example, bliss. When polarities merge in heart, our body is magnetised by a rapture current, ever present by night and day. Just like our breath.

So, we’re looking at transmutation of form. We become it.

Still, is this the truth? I’d say, no. It is an intermediate truth. Let’s say, we imbibe another attribute, for example, we read the human aura. We see it all the time and slowly understand what it represents. Is this the truth? I’d say, no.

We can go on ad infinitum. So, what is the common link to delusion that first stays and then shifts and so seems real? Is it not identity, in as separate from other objects, ideas and powers?

When we speak of detachment, does it not negate or lessen the throb of spontaneity, of our innate aliveness? Thus, if detachment arises slowly, like a blossoming flower, petal by petal, it is fine but if it is thought induced, ego induced, no matter how laudable it may appear, it seems a bit like repression to me, a forced practice.

We can go on … mindfulness, for instance. Good. It softens attention and heightens awareness, whilst inducing head to meld with heart in loving tenderness. Yet, I’d say, it is our reflex instinct that needs to be love inked. Then again, love has many hues beginning with bubbling joy, selective empathy, boundless compassion, bliss energisation, ineffable peace, a nonjudgmental eye, rooted in purity of being. At which octave are we? I mean, in reality, not as a pretended emotion. A quick test is to review our responses in dreams, where analytical mind rests and we go with intuition, hence accepting all images as they may arise. So, what’s our instantaneous, spontaneous response to dream images?

On an overall basis, I’d say a mood and mode celebratory, accepting rather than negating, embracing and releasing leaving behind no residue would be a flowing orientation of innocence and playfulness, which we become and so enact (not deliberately enact to attempt to become).

Ultimately, in my view, it is recognition that allows us to shift in an authentic manner as a non-doer. To recognise the truth of being by prioritising silence and stillness allowing lower mind to rest and mind of heart to awaken, is a non-practice I can suggest, if we are stoic enough to wait for as long as it takes.