View Single Post
Old 06-07-2023, 03:51 PM
Newbie ;)

differentiating mental illness from psychic ability

So I'm at a loss in trying to figure this out.

To start off, Yes I have mental illness.

I have schizoaffective bipolar type, But I also have strange occurrences happen to me that I feel are not because of my symptoms, they are too real, and I am on a good med combination.

To start out I have had several times where someone has responded to me with words, their lips moving etc to my thoughts.

I had one time I was at church, I had a song in my head, and a man walks up to me and says to me, you have a song stuck in your head?

another time I was In a convenience store and there was an attractive lady working the counter, I thought in my head I would love to go out with her, and while i was looking straight at her, with her lips moving said "no thank you" i thought in my head "really?" and again with her lips moving she said "no thank you"

I also had another experience recently where i was at a deli getting food, i thought to myself yum that bbq chicken is fresh, and immediately the girl putting the bbq chicken in my food container said in a confused voice "fresh?"

I am wondering if these occurrences are my symptoms, or really some psychic phenomena.

and like i said, I am on meds, and other people have witnessed the other person talking to me.