View Single Post
Old 20-03-2023, 10:15 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisy
I no longer experience the mountain or river though a filter of conceptual ego based interpretation. It is no longer servicing an ego's demands and expectations. What it is as experience cannot be put into words as words are symbolic conceptual forms. A word, an idea, a belief, a description is never the actual thing, these are all mental images of the thing. An enlightened being is free of all mental images, free in the sense of non-identification as one has no control over what the brain produces. But with the attention off of the thought stream, the brain slows or stops making thoughts.

Ow, it took me a while to understand where you were, I think I got it.

I think you are trying to grasp something in the domain of the experience with the intellect. All what you wrote is true, after enlightenment / awakening, mountains are mountains and rivers are rivers.
However at that point you should be able to connect with trees or birds, or even "worse", you should realize that your life experience depends on yourself, but also on the trees and the birds around. And everyone, every living being around.

It's just a matter of focus then, but if you see through your consciousness, there is no separation, no split possible, you "receive" / experience things that originate from you (quite minimally because you should have reduced your ego / own imprint on what you experience), but also from every other being and life around.

Many people in spirituality stop at the stage "there is no mountain or rivers" because they want to attract to themselves a specific experience.