View Single Post
Old 29-12-2022, 10:13 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
The underlying principle is population growth will outstrip resources and I agree, but if we then 'do something' about it, we are signing the death warrants of a few billion individuals. That's OK for the likes of Bill Gates and his mob of merry maniacs who lost touch with humanity along time ago, but it's not OK with me.

I think keeping our home in order is more important and absolutely the basis for healthy living.
Who mentioned death warrants? Smaller families, contraceptives and female education lowers population numbers. Europe and Japan, and now also the Arabic world have lower birth rates and none of them needed “death warrants” to get there.
On the other hand, waiting for a miracle and doing nothing is a death warrant to many.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
They just keep clamping down and making things narrower and more tightly controlled, and that's going the wrong way, IMO.

Which it was happens when population numbers go up. It’s a rule of thumb throughout history: the bigger the population the more likely there is urbanization and centralization, and increased complexity and bureaucracy. Less control and freedom and more space for individual people or families works only if there is actually enough space and resources for them to begin with. The more people there are, the more complexity and thus the more bureaucracy and necessity for centralized control.

Of course, there is an alternative, a third way, and that is chaos and anarchy. Lets not go there.