View Single Post
Old 22-09-2022, 03:41 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
What if Pride could actually know God? Would it be the cardinal sin then? I think Pride is considered a sin because it is presumed to turn away from God. But what if pride goes in search of God and loves God?

Honza,

‘If’ is a big word. If we change the definition of words, then indeed, anything is possible…..:)

Take a look at Exodus 33:1-6. I will give my summary…translation. God tells the Israelites….go ahead and go to the land I promised you…the land of milk and honey….pursue your dreams. I will even send an angel to be with you. But guess what ? Because you have become a stiffnecked (proud) people I will not be going with you. You are taking me for granted….ignoring me and forgetting where. your help is coming from. Furthermore if I was to go with you and you continued to irritate me I just might give up on this experiment and go ahead and destroy you. Who knows ? Maybe I can find a people that will recognize and honor me.

Suddenly the people were not anxious to go. This dash of reality was shattering. At least, suddenly, no one stood up and said “come on, let’s go anyhow…forget God”. Their pride was gone and this dose of humility became their saving Grace.

Everyone must decide how far their pride can take them…..the conclusion for many….right or wrong…is that they are invincible without any need for God. How could pride possibly induce them to seek God ?