View Single Post
Old 22-08-2022, 10:19 AM
Guide

I agree that anything goes these days which is leading us in the wrong direction in so many ways. Lots of people with emotional issues that are scared of commitment leading to single parenting, broken families, weird ideas around dating etc.

In my experience though, sometimes knowing that anything goes can be a good thing, if it benefits both parties.

I don't particularly want a proper relationship for health and other reasons. I have a friend who I've known for 16 years who doesn't either. We both tried dating other people on and off for a while and I've had failed relationships, but in the end we realised that actually, neither of us want commitment but we miss a sexual relationship and companionship. So that is what we give each other now. No one gets hurt, no young kids involved, no hurt feelings as we're both on the same page. We're lucky that we have a friendship as a foundation; I can't have sex with someone who I have no feelings for whatsoever.

I never thought I'd be a FWB person but now I realise I can make choices that are right for me and it's no one's business but mine and my friend's.