View Single Post
Old 20-08-2022, 05:05 AM
asearcher

I think if you go to bed with a man too early he thinks you do not value yourself too highly and that you sleep around, one can discuss how accurate that is or not. This view/opinion of mine has been shaped after having watched my friends and other's experiences. Not saying it is some universal law or something.

Society as a total, through history but even now I think view men's romantic and sexual life different from women. Now women stand on the same platform (not in all parts of the world, lets not forget the suppression of women that still very much exists) and wonder why they are treated badly and can not get a relationship when they sleep too early, they are doing the exact same thing the guys are but somehow it doesn't work the way the women want.

I've had, have friends who do this and they have all sorts of insecurities about what kind of relationship is this, what is this, what are the true intention. They are not treated well. Sorry, they ain't. I can see it in text messages, other things. These are intelligent women but it is as if they fall flat when it comes to this area. The attitude being if they can do it so can we. Yeah sure you can but the label will still be different on you than on the guys and I think it is down to lots of other things.

I have never slept early (but very late) in a relationship, by then it is serious. I let things grow. It has been the men then instead that have wanted answers now when I think of it and in each they have been leading the relationship, bringing in the "order" in da house. I think it is my dam personality. I go with the flow, but i have my principles and I stay with them and no man even if he would try could budge those but I've been respected in that field.

I have no desire to sleep with someone I do not know well and do not know the intention and what do I want with this person anyhow, this takes time to figure out. Someone I do not really love and do not want to be with always. I'v been shy too, and i used to think me being shy stood in my way and I was never gonna get no one but turns out according to friends at least, all sorts of types of men were, and they were always nice to me, traditional, asking out. I did not get any sleezy vibes.

I have never dated more than 1 during a period. I know I've dated guys who got very insecure about that, really asking if I dated others and could we be reclusive. I had not even thought of it. I had not even thought that he could date someone else besides me, LOL. I would be like why would i date someone else when I am dating you? I could not get that in my head. But now I know people do this all the time. I do not think it is special then when you are seeing someone. I don't want to look back and know this later on. I want it to be special. to me it is special when I date 1 during a period. 1 is all I can handle. Besides if he is someone I am interested in (or else I would not date him, first of all) than I am not interested in someone else so why then would I be seeing someone else? I don't work like that. But it has always been the guys that has been more jealous of me than me then, I did not understand jealousy, now I do and it is bloody horrible and has to do with self esteem and insecurities and trust, so now at least I can say I know. I'm not jealous no more but I have had my periods of it and I have not given in to it but I do understand those who do, it is a very strong feeling.

I let relationships take time, any relationship, how I am everywhere, at a new job etc, I don't rush things, let things take time, let the other person too feel their way.

I think the stages is higher once you begin having an intimate life together because on one hand you got that started out, the other is that you are growing feelings for that someone and suddenly you can't take it and you want answers and so on. To me it works fine if it is just the other and then once that is settled and so on, then I am comfortable having an intimate life, then I am secured. I think it is real special then too, as both he and I have by then very strong feelings for each other as well as the security of the type of relationship we want and are in. Wait for the treat, you know? You don't start eating that first, first you get the salad...and the bread....then you got the dinner -and then last but not least you get the dessert. So wait for the dessert ;)

I am not judgmental about people going to bed early or having one night stands or friendships with benefits, but it is not for me. I get scared when I hear about it from some friend as something could have happened to her.

I have had romantic troubles as well (God, have I ever!!!), there is never no guarantee of anything, I've had 2 guys that I think caused our break ups, but they tried to get me back later. Because of how they were I was better off without them which I realized, didn't go back. I am someone who can endure a lot, stay through thick and thin, but if you cross a line with me that I simply can not accept the price is too high for me.