View Single Post
Old 10-07-2022, 09:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
It seems to me when you use consciousness you are referring to its reflection in/illumination of mind and that is a thing that can be directly known by mind. When I use Consciousness I refer to That which is reflected in/illumines mind and That is no thing and cannot be directly known by mind.

The eye cannot directly see itself but by the virtue of seeing its existence is self-revealing and self-evident. Like Descartes said, "I think therefore I am" only take it one step deeper to That which is aware of thinking.

This is what Advaita Vedanta posits.

Yes you right the eye cannot see itself cause it's using the eye to see but one can be the eye by knowing/resting as the eye and be aware that your seeing it is what i am saying.

It's an example that you gave, i know it's just an example but if you substitute the eye with knowing/awareness you can only be that awareness and then there is an profound bliss(bliss and knowing of your true self becomes clear as day), just typing this i felt bliss as i remembered to do this and this is why i said bliss :)) but that is Pure being.