View Single Post
Old 10-07-2022, 09:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
'Real' illusion?

'Technically' there is no ego as an entity, 'ego' is more of a collective noun because our sense of 'I am' is made up of a number of different aspects. Spiritually it's a bucket-full of invented things.

'Pure' is a prefix that the differentiated consciousness of the ego uses to differentiate/categorise. It also implies not-pure, but all consciousness is consciousness just the same.

Consciousness is an 'object' of consciousness and that's where the illusion begins in the context of non-Duality. To the mind consciousness is something we have or something we can work towards acquiring and as far as the mind is concerned it's as much a 'thing' as that thing your bum is on right now.

The question is, is consciousness conscious of being consciousness? The self needs the ego to have a sense of 'I am', otherwise there is no self either. The self's sense of itself is the ego.

And don't forget that to all intents and purposes you are your ego, which is everything you perceive yourself to be. Yeah me too. It's also the ego that decides what is real or not, what is illusion or not, what is Spiritual or not.

Perhaps it's the illusion that's real.

Very Interesting and yeah the "I am" is just a thought and feeling within consciousness.

To me pure consciousness is just the thing being conscious of itself and not objects. When really tapped into to me it's just a space like quality that everything arises and falls.

Like sounds come and go, you see a car and it goes but pure consciousness is the space these things come and go in.

Sometimes i get the feeling when contemplating these things The real me feels like a narrator like in the movie that talks like it can see and knows what is going on but it's not in the movie "my life."