View Single Post
Old 14-04-2022, 02:41 AM
Experiencer
Telepathy or Connecting?

I've been reading through the telepathy threads here and realized that what I think of as simply "connecting" you may be calling "telepathy". If that's true I've had far too many experiences to even begin listing them here. I've never thought of it as a problem though. Seems rather natural to me. If I'm out and about I do get exhausted/overwhelmed sometimes, and have to shut down, but that's no big deal either. Home, some food, some sleep, re-center and I'm good.

There's tons of stuff I "receive" from others. Feelings, images, impulses, nonsense. And that's without "digging" into it at all - that's just from passing in the street so to speak. And there's something else that's typically there, something that I think of as a child. It's them - but a simpler - less complicated - more straight-forward version of them. I don't mention any of this to them of course, but I do use it to temper what I say so they'll understand me.

"Connecting" seems to work with everything for me. Animals, trees, houses, cars, whatever. I don't get the same things I get from people, but I still "get" lots of stuff. And with many of these "non-human connections" I get to have conversations of a sort. Doing that with people is weird - people freak out - but everything else seems fine with it. Of course, for a "conversation" to happen both sides have to "agree" to it, and some things refuse occasionally, which is fine. When that happens I just wish them well and move on.

Anyway, what I'm wondering is if you'd call what I'm doing telepathy? I prefer connecting honestly. Telepathy implies language to me, and for me anyway language is rarely involved. In fact, I was doing it long before I learned to talk. Most of the "conversations" I have with things don't involve language. I can often put what I receive into words, but it doesn't come in that way.