Thread: MEDIUMSHIP
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2022, 07:02 AM
Master
As for me, 'vibrations' seem so much like a New Age 'thing'.

For example, I can duplicate how Andrew Jackson Davis was able to do the things he did and he is generally looked upon as the 'John the Baptist' of Modern Day Spiritualism. In how he was able to do what he did, doesn't seem to involve 'vibrations'.

I just don't see how the Fox sisters and their Mother raised their 'vibrations' so as to get messages. Is all message work done by raising your vibration? Besides, it was the Spirit who first contacted them and he was not the first person that the Spirit had tried contacting. As for the other people that the Spirit tried contacting , it appears they could not come up with a scheme to use for communication. It doesn't seem like it was an issue of 'vibration(s).

As for Rapping Mediumship, at least back 'then', mimicked, in many ways, such things as pendulums that are used today. Then shortly, other forms of Mediumship developed.

As for the Mormons that preceded Modern Day Spiritualism, Joseph Smith Jr. used a different form for getting messages. His technique was interesting, especially his part of being behind a curtain.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜