View Single Post
Old 17-05-2011, 12:59 PM
Dawn

Taking just a moment to breathe

(Not sure where exactally to post this at, but I had the biggest itch telling me that I had to share this. So, here goes, and my apologies if I've posted this in the wrong section!)

Yesterday and the day before, the weather's been windy. The clouds have been thick with dark bottoms. The threat of scattered rain lingering around.

Well, I got up and looked out a window, like I do every morning, it was difficult to miss how dark the sky overhead looked. However, over at the horizon there was this line, the edge of the big clouds where I could see the rising sun's light shining at.
I thought that was interesting, but not much else about it until a bit later when I saw sunlight outside.
The thick clouds were still overhead, but they'd moved. Waaayyyy over at the horizon to the east, just beyond the cloud's edge, I could see the bit of sky peeking out. Right over head was blue sky and bright sunlight.
On a spur of the moment move, I snatched up my camera and took this picture.

This morning (after I remembered to finally get my camera and move the pictures off of it and to my pc), when I saw the picture I'd taken, I was taken aback. Still sorta feel like that.
I could easily go into a long rambling about artistic poses and light and dark, or about Spirit and healing energies, spiritual path walking, or a dozen different things that could possibly relate to this picture.

However, at the very basic level of this, all I really, truly know, is that this is a picture that has made me stop in my tracks and just go 'wow'.
Interpret it however you want, I don't mind. All I hope is that I'm not the only person who finds it to be something calming, soothing, and lovely to look at.