View Single Post
Old 24-08-2021, 09:06 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by somoo
Jesus said that he was there to follow the commandments of the Law and not to take a single iota out of it until the end of time according to the Gospel of Matthew in chapter 5. It is therefore appropriate to ask Christians a question: Why they shave their beards? Are they not in contradiction with Jesus?

What is the significance of the beard? At any rate, your Levicticus quote on the beard is from the Torah, and an edict of Judaism which has nothing to do with Jesus' ministry.

The Law, that Jesus referred to in the Sermon on the Mount, is the message in his own teaching which was a departure from Judaism. This is why Jesus was crucified for heresy. The Jews viewed Jesus as a trouble-maker.

The Quranic scriptures have a lot of Jewish religious writings. This is my view. To you, as a Muslim, the Quran is a direct transmission from God. This is your belief and I respect that.

I think the beard is dirty. Food gets caught in it. It is the trend among American men to wear a beard like the Talibans. This is a fallout from fighting the Afghan War for the past 20 years.