View Single Post
Old 04-07-2021, 04:03 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindzeeTheLost
So I'm 17, I'm not sure if that information is useful, but I was recently "diagnosed" if you will, by an experience tarot reader that I'm an indigo child. I read a bit about them, and I can see the qualities in myself. Honestly, just a little bit worried that people are going to have certain expectations from me.

What should I do to cope with this?
Hey Lindzee!

I'm indigo too, I think, at least I have many of the characteristics.
It's funny in your intro post you wrote:
Quote:
Certain humans are able to understand life-impacting concepts, especially if given with an analogy or parable of a sort.
This is something I noticed too, not everyone is capable of understanding analogies or parables.
If you are like me, then you may understand things at a deeper level, beyond language, and you probably reason or think visually intuitively. Maybe everyone does, but for you it's conscious. You pointed the right thing.

What does indigo mean? If I have to say something to a younger me, what would I say or recommend? Good question ...

I have heard not so long ago that people like you need to be protected, because some of them will want to 'normalize', basically numb themselves to blur the differences.
That's what I've done at a certain time in my life: drinking like crazy, smoking a lot, doing a self-destruction work so that I become invisible and like everyone else, but ...

A leopard never changes its spots.
(in French the expression is "chasser le naturel il revient au galop", which translates to "hide your true nature, it will come back galloping")

Horse, leopard, you can select your preferred animal!
(some become chameleons )

It's like being 2m+ tall, everyone will see you!
Quote:
Honestly, just a little bit worried that people are going to have certain expectations from me
Yes, tall people are expected to get the high stuffs at the supermarket for the elderly!

Then, what you want to do with your gift and your life is all up to you :)