View Single Post
Old 12-06-2021, 04:06 PM
Master

mind games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
One of my gripes with the self realisation approach to spirituality is that it becomes mainly a property of the mind. The mind needs to quieten down and then become aware.

People say you cannot understand self realisation with the mind, but then spend ages trying to understand the principles. Hinduism seems really a religion of the mind....and trying to go beyond it. It all seems very cerebral.

If by "mind games" there is hint of manipulation / fantasy , i beg to differ here. It is idealist yet very pragmatic and realistic to allow every one follow his/her own path progressively in the most easiest way.

However with "mind games" i understand as relating to using intelligence in religion . If that be the case , it is true . Anything that distances from intellectual explanation and honesty does not last much . Unfortunately for centuries Hindus themselves have misunderstood it for variety of reasons.
However of late since last century genuine efforts to understand it its entirety are being made and gradually more people understand it in practical holistic manner.