View Single Post
Old 14-02-2021, 07:57 PM
Suspended
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Not really. Santa and Flat Earth ''theory'' are not based upon ''scientific theories'' ((a theory based on theories, also confusing...)).

What are you on about . Flat earther's explain their theories based upon using scientific reasoning . It doesn't have to be true does it . Just because there's science behind it . That's all I am saying . Not all scientific reasonings are true . I have given examples . Some are completely wrong .

Quote:
not whinge about eggs and coronavirus. They got nothing to do with this thread, G-L. How are these very different topics a discredit to observations made by climatologists, ecologists and environmental scientists?

I am not whinging about anything, I am giving you examples of how scientific research in other fields of work can be equally incorrect . They can be equally incorrect for many a reason, what I am saying is that science can be used to fit agendas . Big pharma isn't interested in curing illness ..whereas nutrition is all about wellbeing . I am pointing out obvious differences in regards to their foundations .

Quote:
am not really interested in anti-vaxx arguments. No doubt some make money out of it (some work in that field). But it got nothing to do with the topic. The fact that you think it does, or that there is some doubt about climate science because elsewhere other scientists make vaccines (apparently bad?) is mind boggling (at least, to me).

is just more conspiracy. It's the same old story of there being some cover up and the truth has to be the opposite of what the government says, obviously. Just more Ickean/Jones styled logic. It's how they make their money. They need to sell you the alternative story because that is how THEY generate an income.

Nonetheless, it does not change the reality that climate change happens and that humans make it worse. We already did thousands of years ago when we hunted megafauna to extinction, changing regional and even continental environment. If large grazers disappear from a region then that will impact the climate. If you make changes to the environment (say by destroying forests) on a global level then you impact global climate.

Government doesn't have to give space to a climate change denier nor do they have to listen to a young-earth-creationist or an anti-vaxxer when implementing policy. They got better things to do, I reckon.

You're welcome not to be interested in anything I have pointed out, that's fine, but you keep on making it out to be conspiracies when they're not . They're facts . Maybe you don't see a connection between those that invest in the vaccine and those same dudes that promote it .

Quote:
is true if we look at the last couple of decades. Winters are becoming milder throughout much of Europe. Throughout the 20th century we had many ice skating (outdoor) events here, in the 21st century we've had none. We've had a few icy weeks in the early 2010s, likely related to one of those natural cycles, but the overall trend is still one of warming. One (maybe two) cold weeks right now don't change the trend of milder winters and hotter summers. It seems all those hot and dry summers were just a coincidence? Or perhaps not, and there's been a trend for decades that does reflect what scientists have said. Having said that, it would actually be great if they were wrong about it, and we have a proper winter period like this each year, and some damn rain in the summer. I would prefer if they were wrong about it but sadly they aren't.

I can say that I have had flowers bloom a bit earlier each year and such likes and I can agree with certain trends that illustrate a warmer climate, I for the record haven't been disputing any of these signs .. I have been pointing out different perspectives other than what is in the immediate . I had been addressing what has been said regarding a continuous pattern of warmer winters ..

It has been also said that global warming hasn't a complete consistency and it allows for colder winters .. I haven't been addressing this aspect . If you had listened to exactly what I have said then you wouldn't of carried on as you have .

All I have mentioned is that scientific explanations through research are not always correct for it depends on many factors . What are agenda based will reflect only one perspective and will use scientific research to back up that one side of the coin . It's not conspiracy based .

I will leave it there ..

x daz x