View Single Post
Old 26-01-2021, 01:04 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
I rest my case. Us vs. Them, the very definition of contention. One "side" painting the other "side" in derogatory terms. How's this spiritual?

The one 'side' who paints the other 'side' in derogatory terms generally have no idea about the ones they are accusing of being 'deniers'.

For example, I was talking to one person today who has a low opinion of me. That person has called me a 'denier' so many times, I can not remember. All over her perceived viewpoint of myself over global warming.

Having said that, I told her I was thinking about building a Hobbit -style house. I told her I wanted to use berm and trombe walls. She had no idea what I was talking about. I told her I build a home in the 80's and included a trombe wall. It is one of the simplest thing to implement to reduce heat/cooling cost. Half of the house was heated and cooled passively.

I also had a large compost pile.
A pond I dug which watered the plants by siphonic action.
And a huge organic garden.
I almost forgot, I do not know how many trees I have planted.

I recommend to the name callers to show me all of the things they have done to reduce CO2 emissions, global warming, etc. Even if they can show 'all' the things they have done, it does not justify name calling under the realm of Spirituality. If anything, if they would listen to what I have to say, they would see we have much in common.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜