View Single Post
Old 01-06-2020, 01:36 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentient
Tantric Buddhists hold the attitude of understanding that the body is a mandala, a holy temple, and naturally sacred.

"Within my body are all the sacred places of the world, and the most profound pilgrimage that I can ever make is within my own body." Buddhist saint Saraha

Saraha is considered to be one of the founders of Buddhist Vajrayana, and particularly of the Mahamudra tradition.

The body is a potential home for the divine, if ego leaves and makes room for it! Interestingly, consciousness can choose to fully identify with the bodies animal nature and mask it's own attributes.

From one of Saraha's female teachers who he followed...

Saraha noted her wisdom and realized his own faults in meditative practice. He decided that the only way for him to make any progress on the spiritual path would be to move into an isolated mountain location, away from all distractions.

"what do you think the isolation of the mountains will do for you?

The purest solitude," she counseled, "is one that allows you to escape from the preconceptions and prejudices, from the labels and concepts of a narrow, inflexible mind.

The body can be a temple if the divine dwells within it. If ego and violence and conflict rule the body, what is it then? A vehicle for evil?