View Single Post
Old 31-05-2020, 11:26 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentient
disembodied minds

I'd point out direct understanding or perceiving I am not the body or it's thoughts does not make me believe in (or experience) a concept of being "a disembodied mind" nor does it make me dualistic or create an experience of dualism. It is a observable fact that I am the perceiver and not the perceived. I am permanent and unchanging, all perceptions are in a continual state of change and impermanence. It is also an observable fact I am merged with this animal body and it's mind. It is the frame of reference from which I experience and perceive for this lifetime.

Dualism has nothing to do with understanding this reality. With understanding experientially what I am and what I am not. Dualism, in the negative religious or philosophical sense, is a consciousness identified with the body's mental content as self, which results in an ego that sees itself (and creates experiences) as separate from everything else, which leads to an experience of "me and that," indirect perception. Perception is filtered through mind or thought, the "personal bias" and that is where "dualism" comes into the equation in a negative sense.

Dualism, like all other concepts, is an idea, a thought or thoughts. Ideas are all temporary and continually changing. They only have the "reality" or meaning we give them. They are an optional layer to what now is. No idea actually defines anything real or actual. As the real or actual is the now as it is, before we label it with ideas or concepts. But then that conceptual human created stuff is of course real and experienced, but it is wholly a creation of mind or thought. It has no source outside of our minds. It is mind projected reality. Consciousness and it's attributes are obscured by this animal mind created reality that surrounds us and is projected.