View Single Post
Old 21-04-2020, 06:21 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBe
It is about walking your talk.

Like today, I was feeling A spot of minor reaction in myself that needed my attention and so I thought just go for a walk and feel it. Don’t elaborate on its presence, just acknowledge in feeling and watch it pass. And so it did. Swift like fox..whoosh and away it went.

I guess if you don't feed it it can't last very long. In the Buddhist discourses on observing the mind, it says a monk 'understands properly' his state of mind. It goes on to say that one 'understands properly' how the agitations come to arise and the means by which they go away, and furthermore, how they are eradicated never to arise again. This again reflects the aforementioned 4 noble truths.

Quote:
I’m liking being self aware, no matter what arises. Once you realize there is no escape from yourself into ‘things outside of you’ you begin to see how much time we as humans give away into others and what they are doing. Yet in this fast turnaround by just being fully present from within you get more time to live your life in productive ways that match your true essence.

True. A lot of energy is being wasted in the reactive processes that keep us distracted from the actuality of life's unfolding, and we can't really investigate the depths of the experience if our minds are scattered by anxieties. Hence it is important to know 'this is anxiety' and wthdraw your investment in it and merely see it as a fact. Then you will see how it passes, you will see how it arises, and you see the means by which it passes away. If you know that, you know what meditation is, and if you know what it is, you naturally know how to do it. By employing it, you will have found the means by which such agitation is eradicated never to arise again.