Thread: Luminous mind
View Single Post
Old 16-04-2020, 01:31 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaelyn
I think that line is wrong. It makes no sense as written. It could be: Don’t go thinking that the sun creates the clouds.

So it would read:

The mind is something more radiant than anything else can be, but because counterfeits – passing defilements – come and obscure it, it loses its radiance, like the sun when obscured by clouds. Don’t go thinking that the sun creates the clouds. Instead, the clouds come drifting along and obscure the sun.

@jonesboy If you isolate two aspects of creation such as ‘The sun, the clouds’ in a metaphor as such your missing the ‘whole’ nature of creation as it moves and is being as one ‘all together’. We as humans are designed in the same way. So it would make more sense to be in a presence with all of yourself being and moving as things are. In this view of ‘pointing’ out two aspects of so much more, you will only see the clouds as an obstruction to the sun. The radiance is lost in the one looking into this and seeing it as this.

Your mind when it says ‘don’t go thinking’ the sun creates the clouds. No, just be aware ‘your’ creating through your own limited view, where everything is moving creating itself as a ‘whole’ ..