View Single Post
Old 17-03-2020, 06:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
Do you think if it is possible to take upon one self the suffering of other people? This happened to me, I meditated and prayed fervently, then when I stopped, I felt completely drained and overhwelmed by a very deep sadness and hate towards all things and people. I felt as if I fell in a pit of darkness.

I don't want to talk about "negative" things on this topic, but this happened to me, I have to be honest, I asked to take upon myself the suffering of people.
No, and as you experienced it's not advised to go there. It's good to learn to give without giving of yourself, meaning giving at your expense.
You also don't give your own energy, you tap into universal / Divine and let that flow through and out of you.
I never think about it to be honest, I get into my heart space and then love flows out, but never at my expensive. But it does take practice and time.

Maybe it helps to practice this by looking at an object, can be a clock, painting, or any other object. Then put your entire focus and attention on that object. See it, feel it, notice every tiny little detail of it, etc.
Now feel what this does to your energy system. Most people then go totally away from their own body while doing this. So they move out of their body with their energy.
This is also what can happen when you talk to someone and get all excited. Then after they've gone home you feel totally drained. That's because you reached out with your aura & energy to them. (people then blame the other for being an energy vampire but this is hardly ever the case, they do it themselves )

Back to the object...
If you've felt it, now do it again, but now you stay IN your own body, you keep your aura around your body. Then focus on the object the same way as before.
See it, feel it, notice everything about it etc.
You can do this while NOT going out of your body and can help to learn to stay in your body while giving, focusing etc.

Of course it doesn't help either to ask to take others' burdens on you. I'd not do that again!