View Single Post
Old 06-03-2020, 02:56 PM
Master
Give yourself a present

Quote:
Originally Posted by guthrio
"Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen."
Dale Cooper - Twin Peaks

... just thought I'd give myself a present by sharing it with all of you today.

All,

I am sooooo glad I found this PDF copy of Thomas Troward's Edinburgh Lectures on Mental Science to download: (see the free reference below)

Why? Because it contained these phrases nestled within the excellent Chapter IX (9) he entitled "Causes and Conditions". I can't tell you how encouraged I was to find this again, because it reminded me exactly WHY and HOW I've come to live the life I dreamed of:

If we realize that all visible things must have their origin in spirit, then the whole creation around us is the standing evidence that the starting-point of all things is in thought-images or ideas, for no other action than the formation of such images can be conceived of spirit prior to its manifestation in matter. If, then, this is spirit's modus operandi for self-expression, we have only to transfer this conception from the scale of cosmic spirit working on the plane of the universal to that of individualized spirit working on the plane of the particular, to see that the formation of an ideal image by means of our thought is setting first cause in motion with regard to this specific object. Why is this important to me?

Because, as continued further in this chapter:
It is here that we find the importance of realizing spirit's independence of time and space. An ideal, as such, cannot be formed in the future. It must either be formed here and now or not be formed at all; and it is for this reason that every teacher, who has ever spoken with due knowledge of the subject, has impressed upon his followers the necessity of picturing to themselves the fulfilment of their desires as already accomplished on the spiritual plane, as the indispensable condition of fulfilment in the visible and concrete.

...which leads to this:
In actual practice we must first form the ideal conception of our object with the definite intention of impressing it upon the universal mind--it is this intention which takes such thought out of the region of mere casual fancies--and then affirm that our knowledge of the Law is sufficient reason for a calm expectation of a corresponding result, and that therefore all necessary conditions will come to us in due order. We can then turn to the affairs of our daily life with the calm assurance that the initial conditions are either there already or will soon come into view. If we do not at once see them, let us rest content with the knowledge that the spiritual prototype is already in existence and wait till some circumstance pointing in the desired direction begins to show itself. It may be a very small circumstance, but it is the direction and not the magnitude which is to be taken into consideration. As soon as we see it we should regard it as the first sprouting of the seed we have sown in the Absolute, and do calmly, and without excitement, whatever the circumstances may seem to require, and then later on we shall see that this doing will in turn lead to further circumstances in the same direction until we find ourselves conducted step by step to the accomplishment of our object.

...which results in repeated examples of this:
In this way the understanding of the great principle of the Law of Supply will, by repeated experiences, deliver us more and more completely out of the region of anxious thought and toilsome labour and bring us into a new world where the useful employment of all our powers, whether mental or physical, will only be an unfolding of our individuality upon the lines of its own nature, and therefore a perpetual source of health and happiness; a sufficient inducement, surely, to the careful study of the laws governing the relation between the individual and the Universal Mind.

Here's the REAL LIFE confirmation of how it feels to experience these circumstances, as described in Troward's illustration, above:

In March 2019, the following ACTUALLY happened, after I wrote this note: Dear --------,This note comes to you in the most unlikely of circumstances. While responding to one of the invitations I occasionally receive to use (a certain Search engine), I typed in the address of a piece of real estate my wife and I have come to love: your former home at "...Road". Among the searches was a surprise I'd not anticipated I'd find in a million years, your CV with the very address I'd typed in at the very top of it. (this is the small "pointing' circumstance Troward refers to above).When our realtor friends, showed "this house" to my wife and me in two Open House visits, we could not understand why anyone would actually be selling such a beautiful, one-of-a-kind home. Nevertheless, we were surprised and chagrined to discover that "this house" was no longer for sale as of last month. I just wanted you to know, that should circumstances change, my wife and I would be be overjoyed to be considered. We thank you for your time. End of note.

Two days later, I received a response to this note. Two months later, we happily moved into the home of our dreams, and are still living our dream THIS VERY DAY.

I ask you. Is there any better gift to give to yourself than KNOWING HOW TO DO THIS FOR YOURSELF OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN?

BELIEVE ME, I AM SUFFICIENTLY INDUCED to the careful study of the laws governing the relation between the individual and the Universal Mind NOW!!

Please do enjoy the journey to your own dream destinations/circumstances for yourselves and enjoy the entirety of this and other works by Thomas Troward....

I AM is always (T)HERE with you...

Reference: https://freeditorial.com/en/books/th...mental-science
“Why, that’s true! I am a perfect, unlimited gull!” Jonathan opened his eyes asking, "Where are we?” The Elder Chiang said, “We’re on some planet with a green sky and a double star for a sun.” Jonathan made a scree of delight. “IT WORKS!" “Well, of course it works, Jon,” said Chiang. “It always works, when you know what you’re doing." (and even when you don't)

Last edited by guthrio : 06-03-2020 at 06:27 PM. Reason: clarify inputs