View Single Post
Old 21-02-2020, 02:38 PM
Knower

PART TWO
CAUSATION

In the 12th century, St Bernard of Clairvaux drew attention to the problem of Purgatory.

Jesus' Kingdom is one of Law and Justice (…"it shall be easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle…) and so few indeed gain access to the heavenly realms through him.
Mary controls the Kingdom of Mercy and so puts out Her hands to help up those of her devotees who beseech Her.

For this reason a century later, Mary acted as Co-Redeemer ("Co-Redemptrix") for the first time in 1251 when in an apparition at Aylesford She bestowed on the Carmelite Order in England the indulgence that whoever should die clothed in the habit of the Order would not suffer eternal fire. In 1322 She extended the Sabatini Privilege to anybody who wore Her brown scapular and adhered to the rules attaching to it.

She promised: "After they leave this world and enter Purgatory, I shall descend there on the Saturday following their death and liberate as many of my devotees as I find in that place of expiation, and raise them to the Holy Mount of eternal life."

The terms of the award of the brown scapular were the first ever indication that Mary's realm does not extend to Christians only. Without dwelling on the difficulties caused by the growth of communism, bolshevism and atheism as the principal cause of Her revolution in the early 20th century, we find that the Virgin in apparition asked to be invoked as "Our Lady of All Nations" for the first time at Banneux in Belgium in the first months of 1933.

At Heede in Germany in 1937 as "Queen of the Universe" she drew attention to the reason for Her return when She also asked to be invoked as "Queen of the Poor Souls in Purgatory".

The foregoing indicates the Causation. In the Third Part I show how this was received by the Church of Rome.