View Single Post
Old 29-12-2019, 12:12 AM
Experiencer

The same thing happened to me last year, at my brother's house. He bought Christmas gifts to everyone except me. I'm not easily affected, but I certainly felt excluded. He showed signs that he was upset for what he did, but I didn't mind it. I had brought him a metal can with holes in it so that he could put some poison inside to take care of pests.

Now this year his son (my nephew) invited me to his marriage. I told my relatives I didn't want to go. My nephew came here with his wife saying they wanted me to be there. They never visit me, understandably though, I'm a hermit, a recluse. They insisted so much that I consented, but in the end didn't show up, this is not something I would normally do, I like to keep my word.

Well, I kept the first word. It wasn't a revenge or anything, I just don't feel like I'm supposed to betray myself to please others. The less consideration they have for me, the less consideration I will have for them.

Aside from that, I'm in good terms with everyone, I believe we as people should strive to live peacefully among ourselves, and if they have a problem with me, it is their problem, not mine. Haven't seen my brother and his family in a long time.