Thread: No God
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2019, 05:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
With respect, Jonesboy, I think much of this is semantics and perspective, and that is the journey in a nutshell. My term authentic love is simply a shorthand for being and doing lovingkindness from equanimity in each moment. Which is at core simply actively seeking and supporting the highest good of all equally to one, and of one equally to all. I have described this many times. And I find ALL major traditions reveal this truth variously -- and that Buddhism does so rather explicitly and in very concrete terms (often using the terms lovingkindness and equanimity, both key aspects of authentic love). I would advise not too get too hung up on Western limitations in our understanding of authentic love as being and doing, which many struggle to even conceive of or entertain.

On the one hand, from within a certain context and understanding, of course I can agree or state that what we experience simply is.

And from another equally true perspective or context, I can agree or state that our perspectives and our conscious choices are mutually causal. That each creates or contributes meaningfully to the other. Certainly that they are ultimately mutually causal.

And further, I can also agree or state also that our experiences and our choices are mutually causal...and this one is even easier to understand for most folks.

So...I'll leave it there, and I stand by all I've said.

First, what we experience and what we acknowledge are often 2 different things -- and they do not overlap and merge until and unless we allow it, which is ultimately a conscious choice (we take over and over again in each moment).

Next, what we acknowledge on occasion and what we continually rise to in the moment, in the being with and sitting with ourselves, with our conscious mindful presence -- these too are 2 different things until & unless we take the conscious choice (again, repeatedly) to allow and support being here now with ourselves on a regular basis, for the good, the bad, and the ugly.

Then, there is going further from there, regarding how we will (or won't) consciously choose to align ourselves with the good wolves and the right-aligned bliss. We can accept all we are in the moment, denying nothing, and still use our discernment in right-alignment. In fact, this acceptance is the only way to discern wisely and take right-aligned choices.

Those are all separate things, and no matter how seamless and habitual it may become to integrate them all with ease, it is still a conscious act in each moment to do so. As there is only ever this moment. And we can be present to it and consciously decide how we will open to bliss, or not. That we will do and be and engage in this way and not in others.

There is discernment and choice there, as in everything we do, on top of the foundational bliss of being.
Opening to the foundational bliss in each moment is IMO the very fruit of consciously aligning with centre and consciously deciding to live there in each moment.

Peace & blessings
7L

All of that is still a mental exercise.

As I have mentioned to Gem, thoughts are not imaginary it is about the clarity of them.

Clarity is what we should all be working on and is really what you are wanting to reach for.

An aspect of the Primordial State is clarity.

Quote:
The manifestation of the primordial state in all its aspects,
its "clarity," on the other hand, is called the nature. It is said
to be "self-perfected" (lhun grub), because it exists spontaneously
from the beginning, like the sun which shines in
space. Clarity is the pure quality of all thought and of all
perceived phenomena, uncontaminated by mental judgment.
For example, when we see a flower, we first perceive
its image without the mind entering into judgment
, even if
this phase of perception only lasts for a fraction of a second.
Then, in a second phase, mental judgment enters into the
situation and one categorizes the perception, thinking,
"That's a flower, it's red, it has a specific scent, and so on."
Developing from this, attachment and aversion, acceptance
and rejection all arise, with the consequent creation of karma and transmigration. Clarity is the phase in which perception
is vivid and present, but the mind has not yet entered
into action. It is the spontaneous manifestation of the
individual's state. The same is true for thoughts: if we don't
follow them, and don't become caught up in mental judgment,
they too are part of our natural clarity.

With clarity all things are perfect, all things as you would say are loved equally.

Clarity is achieved by clearing out ones obstructions, not by doing nice things.