View Single Post
Old 01-11-2019, 12:01 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
Many couples split when the chemistry and attraction have faded.
Most people don't understand the importance of sexuality... It's not about the act that can last as short as a few minutes.
Our sexuality is related to our create life force, our life energy. Sex is also creation and expression of self.
That's the problem of what you miss out on if there's no sexuality that stems from desire and attraction etc. It does the rest that is linked to sexuality in as well.
That's why people who stay together after the flame has doused seem so dulled.
And the other side... if you do have that creative spark lit within, that creative life force and passion and so on, you wouldn't even want to be in a relationship without chemistry as you know and feel it is settling for less.

So it really comes down to what you want. Are you okay with a longterm dull, rather lifeless relationship with a nice friendship and platonic love?
Or do you deep down really crave to have a real, healthy relationship but just can't seem to find it?
And also, are you really willing to risk either one is going to fall in love with someone and then having it all fall apart?

That is what happened to me and an ex. I can tell you it ain't much fun to experience that.

In general, I agree with your assessment. In a relationships seminar, it was stated that 30% of problems in a "good marriage" are sexual in nature while 70% of problems in a "bad marriage" are sexual in nature.

However, for a life partnership that has discovered the incomparable peace in the depths of meditation, a platonic relationship works quite perfectly. This doesn't necessarily preclude being tactile, but sex actually becomes quite unnecessary at that point though there is no vow against having sex. There there CAN most assuredly be LOVE in such a relationship.