View Single Post
Old 24-10-2019, 06:58 AM
hazada guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
I don't know that it is so different. Some parts are very similar to current esoteric thinking.

During the stage immediately after physical death, the individual keeps the same personality he had in life. By submerging deep inside himself, he enters the world of spirits, where his deceased friends and family welcome him.

So the individual leaves the dense physical and discards the etheric/energy body. The individual continues to function as a personality on the astral plane via the mental and astral bodies. Eventually the astral body is also discarded and the individual functions on the mental plane using the mental body.

Then, on the second stage, Swedenborg reveals what he calls the individual's “state of interiors”. This is where the individual sheds his worldly personality, which is an external, adopted personality, and assumes his own -inner- personality, that is to say, he becomes his true self.

Eventually the mental body is also discarded and the individual rests in Consciousness, absorbing all the experiences and lessons of the past incarnation.

The rest of the posting about meeting the true spouse is certainly different to other teachings.

But as you say, we'll all find out eventually.

Peace.

The thing that got me was when he said that you merged into yourself,i thought your ascended after death but I might be reading it wrong.Time will tell.