Thread: Tinnitus
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2019, 04:11 PM
leadville

Quote:
Originally Posted by one-light
Just before this thread drops off here as some people will say there's more suitable forums for Tinnitus advice available, but just before it slips down the list, I just want to say to save keep getting asked - my Hyperacusis recovery - I never damaged my ears as in a loud explosion or heavy rock band venue, and i'm just using those as an example - I did a lot of nightclubs 20 years ago and that might have started the 'over sensitive hearing' then it just crept up on me over a decade until it got so rediculas I was wearing ear plugs and ear muffs etc.

With me personally I worked out it wasn't my ears it was my brain saying I don't like this sound and I don't like this sound either, so I retrained it, now I say when I hear a disturbing sound, get a listen at that 'brain' took a year or two to retrain it - and before this thread goes off here and anyone knocks me for putting it on just for the short time its been on - you never know when this knowledge can come in useful for a family member... And I am 'personally' going to check out spiritual tinnitus.

I am not wanting to 'knock' you or knock anyone else discussing the medical issues surrounding tinnitus or hyperacusis.

Good luck with your research into any (potential) spiritual aspects of tinnitus. I don't suppose anyone can prove it doesn't have any such linkage just as no-one will be able to prove it does. And it's a possibility that sometimes, for some individuals, the beginning of clairaudience might start with sounds similar to tinnitus sounds.

I'm glad you found a way of dealing with the hyperacusis you'd been suffering from - it's always good to hear of successful outcomes. I expect you'll have posted about that in detail in a more-suitable forum where your experience is more likely to help fellow sufferers.

You'll never know for sure what started your over-sensitivity but provided you're now avoiding things known to be triggers then you'll not be putting yourself at further risk.

good luck and good fortune in the years ahead