View Single Post
Old 30-06-2019, 01:16 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
Sex is a natural process like breathing and eating; also like them it emanates from basic drives. It's a gateway to your deepest sensual experiences. If someone told me I shouldn't breathe because it would affect my spirituality I'd have trouble believing them so how does this pan out with sex?

To me the question resolves as "What is life about?" Is it about experiencing the fullness of it; or believing that self-denial will somehow lead to bliss, peace, enlightenment perhaps, that would somehow be superior in spiritual terms to using life and your senses to the full?

it's an open discussion. Sure you don't NEED sex but slamming the door on one's basic drives cannot be good for the soul. However, there are people who seem to lack that drive/libido so the opposite would be the case - having sex arbitrarily (because others "do it") would be useful only as a clinical-like experience or reproduction.

As for Lilith, I don't see her as a misunderstood goddess who has redeemed herself. She's the height of hedonism to me (which I don't look on as evil. Ecstasy in excess can lead to gnosis / enlightenment as well as self-denial/ abstemiousness).
Some time ago I watched a couple of youtube videos of women trying to invoke Lilith. They were just so drizzly, so lacking in ritual passion I doubt they'd have invoked a breeze let alone a powerful goddess.
You may just have an accord with her!
She has her equivalent in Vodou: Ezili Dantor. But she tends to be expensive!

Just my views.

I don't believe in mythical nonsense like Lilith so I won't go there - I just thought it strange to categorise sex with with breathing and eating when you'd die without the latter(s) but don't need the former to survive.

It's more like a species needs sex to survive whereas any given individual doesn't. I wouldn't suggest repression or guilt or anything like that and see no point for celibacy outside serious meditation retreats.

Where trying to evoke Lilith is an entirely imaginary, completely unnecessary, utterly futile and seemingly distressing activity, I'd say there must be more constructive things people can do with their time. (so I lied)