View Single Post
Old 26-04-2019, 02:31 PM
Master
I am extremely resistant to addictive stuff. Also to toxins and venoms. Not sure it those are related. Sun sign is Cancer. Anyway based on me, then no But then again that is meaningless, really.

It's what Native Spirit and some others have said. It's a human iniquity. We all have the wolf of our purest heart and the wolf of our deepest darkness.

Every day we have to make choices. We have to choose to feed the good wolf and starve the bad wolf. Eventually, we strengthen the good wolf and the struggle becomes a burden we bear more easily. Eventually, we carry it in our hearts and not on our backs. But it never goes away. The deal you make with your dark wolf is this...you acknowledge him and you accept him...but YOU run your life, not him. The struggle and the act of taking decisions never ceases. This is how we define our humanity. Who we are at centre. Dumbledore was right, LOL.

It's just that those who are inclined to either numb out or bliss out with behaviours and/or substances have an even harder time starving the bad wolf and feeding the good.

I'm going to tell you right now...it can and often does take lifetimes to gain ground over your iniquities. So I look round and am compassionate toward others who struggle with these things. But...it's not absolution either, nor an excuse for not dealing with oneself...since so much of addictive behaviour is necessarily narcissistic, toxic, and destructive to others around them. So it's not just that they hurt themselves. We all have to rise to the fight, the internal one. The hardest one.

For me, be compassionate and supportive -- and we need community and societal support and treatment all round. But also draw your boundaries...you are not here to be abused.

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke