View Single Post
Old 13-01-2019, 09:50 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan
Am I homophobic for saying that homosexuality is a sin ? There are dozens of testimonies, I even talked with a transgender some years ago, I know about their suffering, that person was really depressed.He said nothing about being harrased by others, he was depressed of his condition that his life was living hell.He had sexual relations with man and woman, only relations, no real love, and even after the transition his life was still a living hell.That person form my country was on the news, that person is a student at Harvard, this was serious, he returned back to God on his own.
You just look for cases that validate your own beliefs, and even then you rely on very little information.
Gay people, and trans people especially, have to defend themselves on an almost daily basis. A lot of people who talk with them, who look at them, etc. will judge them. With their words, their actions, the way they look disapprovingly, make jokes, talk behind their backs, etc. and through the rejections.. rejection of befriending them, rejection of giving them a job, a sense of security.

I find your lack of understanding about such matters troublesome. You do not have to be trans or gay to understand that ''being different'' causes a lot of issues to an individual and greatly increases stress, and with it, mental health. It should come as no surprise then that these people tend to be more satisfied and less stressed when they live in places where they're less judged by other people. It's clear you have very little exposure to different beliefs and people. You linking the MeToo phenomena to some ''It's all about me, me, me'' narrative is just as troublesome and another example of that ignorance.